An opportunity has arisen for a doctor to be part of a fantastic Stroke team at a Hospital situated in the Southwest of England. This is a substantive post however candidates wishing to apply for a fixed term role will also be considered.
Our client is looking for a Stroke Medicine doctor at either Associate Specialist or Consultant level. There is currently one constant Stroke Consultant, 4 Stroke specialist nurses, 4 junior doctors and a medical registrar. The current stroke consultant is extremely friendly, supportive and flexible.
Beautiful villages, excellent housing to suit all tastes & budget and under an hour from Central London, this thriving town is full of hidden gems. You can take time to wander through the quiet courtyards and alleyways, stroll around the Town Gardens or enjoy a vibrant mix of traditional shops, pubs, bars and cafes.
The post holder's duties for this post include the following:
• Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge, including all administrative duties associated with patient care.
• Contributing to undergraduate, post-graduate and continuing medical education activity.
• Provision of cover for colleagues' periods of leave in accordance with arrangements agreed within Trust policy.
• Participation in clinical audit and in continuing medical education.
• Providing evidence-based care for patients in a multidisciplinary setting.
• Conducting suitable duties in cases of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
These duties are not definitive and may be changed in accordance with the needs of the service.
You must have the following to be eligible for this post:
• Applicants must have full GMC registration
• For candidates who reside abroad you must have completed the necessary language test (IELTS / OET / NARIC) before applying. You must be able to satisfy the language test requirements of the UKVI remit.
There will be the opportunity for Consultant Candidates to join the General Medical Rota and for the Associate Specialists to participate in a 1 in 8 weekend rota working 0800-1400 Saturday and Sunday if they wish.
• Competitive and flexible benefits package
• 27 days' holiday each year
• Generous pension
• Flexible working options
• Exclusive discounts.
• Onsite Nursery
• Bank workers receive one extra hours pay for every 12 hours worked in place of annual leave entitlement
If you want more information on this position then please apply now!
We are often appointed by NHS Trusts to help recruit for their vacancies. If you are interested in moving to another Trust, but this particular one is not what you are looking for, then please get in contact and let me know as I'm sure we will be able to help.