Applications are invited for a Specialty Doctor in Anaesthetics to join a Trust that allows for the best possible balance between a stimulating career and a relaxing personal life. Our client is open to considering candidates looking for a substantive or fixed term position.
Our client is regularly one of the top-three hospitals in England for emergency care. They have a global reputation for research, development and innovative partnerships with primary care.
There are 18 Consultants, 14 Specialty Doctors and 5 Core Trainees, 4 ITU/Teaching Fellows and 1 F1 doctor. The department is relaxed, friendly and values a work life balance. The hospital provides Anaesthetic services to Main theatres, Day Surgery, Obstetrics, Intensive Care and Acute Pain.
The appointee must have a minimum of four years experience working as an Anaesthetist and you must be comfortable working independently. The contract is in line with NHS terms and conditions and will be for 12 PA's per week. This will include one Supporting PA (SPA) and allows time for pre-op and post-op visits. There is usually scope for additional work if desired as the programmed working week is not onerous.
The appointee must have the following to be eligible for this post:
• Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise.
• ATLS, ALS, APLS at time of applying.
• Applicants must have entry on the GMC Specialist Register via CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview date), CESR or European Community Rights.
• For candidates who reside abroad you must have completed the necessary IELTS / OET and/ or PLAB 2 before applying to us. You must be able to satisfy the language test requirements for both GMC registration and UKVI remits.
• Approx. 18,000 operations are performed each year with 750 Critical Care admissions (approx. 200 level 3).
• The Trust provides good secretarial support
• Welcome payment.10 hours of paid time for professional development every week (SPA).
• A generous relocation package.
• Active encouragement for personal and professional development.
• Rewarding, varied work environment
• £700 personal budget for training and development every year.
If you want more information on this position then please apply now!
We are often appointed by NHS Trusts to help recruit for their vacancies. If you are interested in moving to another Trust, but this particular one is not what you are looking for, then please get in contact and let me know as I'm sure we will be able to help.