Applications are invited for a Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist to join a Trust that can give you the best possible balance between a stimulating career and a relaxing personal life.
Are you interested in expanding and developing Liaison Psychiatry service which has been PLAN accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists?
This Liaison Psychiatry Service operates 24 hours a day to cover the hospital Emergency Department and all hospital wards (except paediatric wards) it also takes referrals for patients aged 18 and over, including older adults.
The post holder will be required to work across two different sites with the aim to provide a comprehensive service across both Hospitals, working alongside two experienced consultant colleagues. The Trust is open to considering candidates that would like to work flexibly.
The successful post holder must ensure they have the relevant professional registration including the following:
• Section 12
• Approved Clinician
• Responsible Clinician status
The hospitals are based in a beautiful location with sandy beaches and beautiful countryside, fantastic transport links to other areas of the country and vibrant towns offering something for all ages.
The appointee must have the following to be eligible for this post:
• Full GMC registration
• In possession or within 6 months possession of a CCT in Psychiatry or on Specialist Register in Psychiatry
• A minimum of two years experience in General Adult or Old Age Psychiatry at senior/specialist registrar level.
• 3 years core training in Psychiatry
• Experience of work in the NHS for a minimum of two years
• Section 12 approval or the ability to obtain approval before starting the post
The Liaison Psychiatry Service collaborates closely with other mental health staff based within the acute Hospitals including specialist alcohol nurses, dementia nurses and some sessional psychological therapists undertaking work with patients who have long term conditions or specifically for frequent attenders.
• Generous relocation package
• Outstanding CQC recognised Trust
• Broad career progression including medical education, medical leadership and clinical expertise as well as working towards CESR.
• Innovative Flexible working options
If you want more information on this position then please apply now!
We are often appointed by NHS Trusts to help recruit for their vacancies. If you are interested in moving to another Trust, but this particular one is not what you are looking for, then please get in contact and let me know as I'm sure we will be able to help.