Triple West Medical have been appointed by an NHS Trust based in the South West of England to help recruit a Locum / Consultant Rheumatologist.
The Trust have over 5000 staff offering comprehensive range of specialist and general acute services.
The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic and friendly department of Rheumatology which is an integral part of the Division of Medicine. They provide expert advice and treatment for patients with rheumatic disorders on an outpatient and inpatient basis, including seeing ward referrals, triaging new referrals and providing clinical recommendations via advice and guidance and the Rheumatology help line.
- To provide expert opinion and management advice for patients with rheumatic and connective tissue diseases newly referred on an out-patient basis by General Practitioners and hospital colleagues
- To supervise the cases of some existing follow up patients with RA and other connective tissue diseases
- Help set up outreach community clinics in keeping with the Trust's vision of keeping ‘Care closer to home'
- To oversee the structured follow-up, increasingly on a multi-disciplinary basis, of patients with chronic inflammatory joint disease and connective tissue disorder
- To share responsibility for the smooth running of the Early Arthritis Clinic and to oversee the transition of patients from that clinic to nurse-led follow up clinics according to NICE guidelines
- To oversee the safety monitoring of patients receiving potentially toxic therapies
- To provide expert opinion and supervision on request for patients suspected of having rheumatic conditions admitted to hospital under the care of other consultants
- To undertake intra-articular and soft tissue injection therapy as appropriate
- To oversee help line for Rheumatology patients
- Triage new patients and support primary care colleagues via advice and guidance
Our Client is happy to issue Certificate of Sponsorships to suitably qualified overseas doctors. GMC registration is essential for this position.
If this Consultant Rheumatologist vacancy is of interest to you please apply below and we will arrange a discussion.
We have a number of other Consultant Rheumatologist vacancies across the country. If you would like to know more details about any other Rheumatology vacancies then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Also, should you know or able to refer any Consultant Rheumatologist looking for work in the near future, please feel free to share our details and benefit from our referral scheme of up to £1,500 for a successful placement* T&C Apply.