CONSULTANT/LOCUM CONSULTANT RESPIRATORY MEDICINE WITH COPD INTEREST– MIDLANDS
We are recruiting to a Consultant Respiratory vacancy, either on a Substantive or 12 month NHS Locum Consultant Fixed Term Contract based in the Midlands for an NHS University Trust.
Our client is looking to grow their existing team of 30 Consultants providing general and specialist Respiratory services, already one of the largest respiratory departments in the country with a wide range of subspecialty interests ranging from Asthma, COPD, Cycstic Fibrosis, ILD including LAM, through lung cancer to infections including TB and regional fungal service.
This post offers the successful candidate an attractive mix of working with the COPD team but also developing an interest in the Integrated Care Systems (ICS). Our client offers a lung reduction (LVR) service regionally. The Respiratory service has a very strong research background with members who work at the national and international level.
Our client delivers outstanding Respiratory care and internationally recognized within the regions Biomedical Research Centre which is in partnership with the local University.
- COPD Subspecialty Interest
- Currently consists of wide range of subspecialty interests
- Trust offers complex COPD service, bringing in together clinicians into a multi-professional clinic
- Patients stratified according to phenotype, clinics offered to patients with alpa-1-antitryspin deficiency, adults born premature with respiratory limitations, those with ventilation failure and for frequent exacerbators
- Support provided by COPD nursing team for both in and out-patients
- Actively involved in COPD research through the Biomedical Research Centre
- GMC Registration with a License To Practice
Specialist GMC registration is not essential and neither is FRCP for this particular post, however applicants with these credentials will of course have an advantage.
If this Consultant Respiratory vacancy in the Midlands is of interest to you then please apply now. We do also have other Consultant Respiratory vacancies covering other subspecial interests. Simply browse through our website and apply for the Consultant Respiratory vacancy that best matches your ability.