Applications are invited for a Consultant who specialises in Older Peoples Psychiatry to join a Trust based in a beautiful seaside town in southern England.
The Trust's aim is to support older people to live safely at home to prevent unnecessary admissions into hospital. The successful candidate will see patients in a variety of settings including hospitals and outpatient clinics, but most often in their own homes.
You will also see people under 65 who have an organic brain disease and will be supported by and a wider multi -disciplinary clinical team.
The successful post holder must ensure they have the relevant professional registration including the following:
- Section 12
- Approved Clinician
- Responsible Clinician status
- The hospitals are based in a beautiful location with sandy beaches
and beautiful countryside, fantastic transport links to other areas of the
country and vibrant towns offering something for all ages.
The appointee must have the following to be eligible for this post:
- Full GMC registration
- In possession or within 6 months possession of a CCT in Psychiatry or
on Specialist Register in Psychiatry
- Experience in Old Age Psychiatry for two years at senior/specialist
registrar level plus at least one year of psychiatric experience at this
level. (Old Age or other experience).
- 3 years core training in Psychiatry
- Experience of work in the NHS for a minimum of two years
- Section 12 approval or the ability to obtain approval before starting the
The Liaison Psychiatry Service collaborates closely with other mental health staff based within the acute Hospitals including specialist alcohol nurses, dementia nurses and some sessional psychological therapists undertaking work with patients who have long term conditions or specifically for frequent attenders.
- Generous relocation package
- Outstanding CQC recognised Trust
- Broad career progression including medical education, medical
leadership and clinical expertise as well as working towards CESR
- Career Progression including medical education, medical leadership
and clinical expertise as well as working towards CESR
- Flexible working options
If you want more information on this position then please apply now!
We are often appointed by NHS Trusts to help recruit for their vacancies. If you are interested in moving to another Trust, but this particular one is not what you are looking for, then please get in contact and let me know as I'm sure we will be able to help.