NHS LOCUM CONSULTANT RESPIRATORY VACANCY
We are recruiting either a Substantive Consultant or NHS Locum Consultant Respiratory Physician for an NHS Trust in the Home Counties
This is a Full or Part Time Respiratory Medicine post with General Medicine on-call (excluding acute cardiology and acute stroke). This is a new post as a result of the formation of a Respiratory Specialist Unit (RSU) for acute Respiratory failure and planned increase for sub specialism within the department, as well as a decision to start further services for Post COVID outpatients and community linked Airways clinics.
Working from home by link into work computers for some areas – telephone clinics, admin and SPA time is possible and currently some of their Consultants are working in this way. The Trust caters for a wide spectrum of Respiratory illnesses, including around 200 newly diagnose lung cancers and over 50 TB cases per year, with a large cohort of interstitial lung disease patients. COPD and asthma cases remain a large amount of their work and community MDT clinics started in 2020 are likely to expand. Local GP's are excellent and are involved in the CCG decision processes.
- Excellent leadership within the team
- Weekly Bronchoscopy/EBUS clinics
- Weekly dedicated interstitial Lung Disease clinic
- Diagnose 200 new TB cases every year
- They have Telemetry and 1:3 nursing for Respiratory Support Unit (nursing vacancies filled very quickly with a long list of nurses on a waiting list wanting to join the Trust
- 2 Adjacent respiratory wards, covered by Consultant with junior doctor team
- Rapid access lung cancer service; a one stop plueral service; EBUS bronchoscop, Post COVID clinic, Specialist airways and TB services
- Major facilities investment
- CESR Support
New Consultants are welcome to apply. Successful overseas applicants will be offered a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).
If this Respiratory vacancy is of interest to you or, you know of someone who may be suitable, then please get in touch to let us know. We are offering up to £2000 per referral we successfully place into this role as a thank you. Alternatively, please do not hesitate to ask if you require any further information on this Locum Consultant Respiratory vacancy.